Administers all aspects of sports specific activity within the District and individual school's Athletic Department policy, as well as, within the guidelines of the Florida High School Athletics Association and the National Federation High Schools.
- Announce and enforce rules pertaining to conditioning of players and the training rules affecting the health and safety of the players. Ascertain that the EL2, EL3, Insurance Verification, Sportsmanship contract, birth certificate and other forms are on file for all team members.
- Attend mandatory FHSAA rules clinics and Gateway Conference meetings. Continue to work on professional development by attending coaching clinics.
- Cooperate with the athletic director in establishing physical examinations and verify that no candidate is issued equipment, allowed to practice or condition until the DCPS Athletic Health Examination Form is completed in full and signed by the athlete, parent/guardian and physician.
- Conduct and supervise at least one fund raising activity for his or her sport.
- Ensure the team is supervised at all times. This includes locker room supervision and making sure athletes are picked up after practices and contests.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Knowledge of the sport and the strategies associated with the sport.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong creative problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to conduct staff meetings and be in charge of all tryouts, practices, team meetings, and athletic contests for the sport.
- Ability to be a role model for all student-athletes by conducting your behavior in a professional manner at all times.