The head coach and athletic director, who provides overall objectives and final evaluation in conjunction with the middle school principal.
- Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Has previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport (preferable).
- The assistant coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- The assistant coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through his/her instructions and actions.
- Established the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques to be taught by assistants. Designs conferences, clinics and staff meetings to insure staff awareness of overall program.
- Trains and informs staff, encourages professional growth by encouraging clinic attendance.
- Delegates specific duties, supervises implementation and, at season's end, analyzes staff effectiveness and evaluates all assistants.
- Maintains discipline, adjusts grievances and works to increase morale and cooperation.
- Performs such other duties which may be assigned by the athletic director/principal.