Under supervision of the Principal and/or school Athletic Director, coach students in a specific sport during the established season.
- Coach and instruct students in a sport, instruct students in the proper use of equipment and rules of the specific sport.
- Supervise students in the locker room, during practices, during athletic competitions and on buses to and from athletic competitions.
- Maintain proper inventory and care of equipment and facilities.
- Assess student performance and make coaching decisions without regard to outside teen/youth affiliations. (For coaches who coach both at a school and for a private or community club/team).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and ability to prevent injuries.
- Ability to teach and motivate middle school aged students.
- Skills of the sport.
- Strategies and concepts in the sport.
- Rules of the sport.
- Policies of the school district that apply to athletics and student behavior.
- Exhibit positive leadership skills, good sportsmanship and personal and professional integrity.
- Maintain good communication with the, school administrators, other staff and parents.
- Demonstrate good rapport with the coaches and staff of other schools and athletic officials.