ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend Pre/Post Season PVIAC meetings.
- Attend pre-season meetings sponsored by the school for coaches, parents and students.
- Maintain appropriate inventories relating to the specific sport, including recommending new equipment/uniforms, and retrieving uniforms/equipment at close of season.
- Varsity coaches are responsible for the evaluation of all non-varsity coaches in that specific sport.
- Provide written documentation regarding coaching policies.
- Display the best qualities of good sportsmanship.
- Coordinate with the Athletic Trainer proper records of student/athlete injuries and communicate health and safety issues to participants.
- Enforce Heat Modification Policy with assistance of and in consultation with Athletic Trainer.
- Communicate game results to the press.
- Active CPR, AED, and First Aid Certification through American Heart Association or Red Cross as well as Annual Concussion Training Certification.
- Sport-specific knowledge of rules and policies.
- Prior experience as a high school coach preferred. (MIAA sponsored coach's course if not experienced.)