Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating a positive environment that promotes good sportsmanship.
- Work closely with the administrative staff, the US and MS Athletic Directors to build a coaching staff of qualified coaches.
- Well-organized and structured practices.
- Coordinating meet schedules.
- Working with the athletics administrative assistant in scheduling transportation.
- Maintaining accurate records and other required paperwork (rosters, schedules, physicals, meet results, records and individual and team accolades).
- Provides effective supervision and evaluation of all players.
- Create a rapport with the greater community, generating interest in the program.
- Recognize contributions of all; impress upon the athletes and parents that their efforts are valued.
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate strong organizational skills, effective communication skills with students, parents, and administration.
- A qualified candidate should have coaching experience in a competitive environment and in a state association like the MSHSL.
- Candidates should support the mission of SPA and be able to contribute to the life of the School outside of the classroom.