- Valid, current CPR card AND Valid, current First Aid card.
- Proof of completing a college-level course in the care/prevention of athletic injuries.
- A valid EMT I of II card.
- A valid Sports Injury Certificate.
- Provide written evidence indicating knowledge of the coaching theory and techniques in the sport. Evidence may be college course work, prior-coaching experience in the sport, prior participation in the sport at the high school level or in service training provided by a school district.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of the sport at the high school level.
- Knowledge of adolescent psychology as it relates to sports participation. College courses or prior active involvement with youth in school/community sports programs will fulfill this requirement.
- Knowledge, skill and ability sufficient to maintain high standards of safety in all aspects of coaching at practices as well as contests.
- Demonstrated high ethical standards related to sportsmanship, fair play and relationships with students.
- Recognition of the need to communicate with parents / guardians and appropriate school staff members regarding problems or emergencies which may arise during a sporting event.
- Knowledge of school policies and California Interscholastic Federation (C.I.F.) policies related to athletics.