Under general direction of the Athletic Director, assists in the implementation of the policies, regulations, guidelines, and procedures pertaining to the Madison sports program. To lead and train athletic activities related to attaining proficiency in sports related functions; and other functions as directed.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain an IVP fingerprint clearance card.
- Arizona Teaching Certificate (preferred), (https://www.azed.gov/educator-certification)
- Possess effective communication skills.
- Ability to work part-time and weekends if necessary.
- Ability to attend practices and games as scheduled.
- Varsity head coaching experience (preferred) or assistant coaching experience in the sport or high school/college playing experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the rules and fundamentals of athletic programs.
- Implement essential components of the school site interscholastic sports program, including coaching and supervision of students.
- Supervise students during practice, games, tournaments, and team travel.
- Assist with arranging team games, schedules, tournaments, and transportation.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate sports activities and training workouts, and coaches individuals concerning specific physical performance activities and procedures.
- Provide teaching and instruction in athletic skill development.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of school equipment.
- Model fundamental skills and techniques.
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor and student/teacher relations.
- Follow district athletic policies, rules and regulations.