Wayne State University, an NCAA Division II member, located in the cultural district of Detroit, invites applications for the position of Head Coach, Women's Golf.
- Demonstrate an ability to teach and develop student-athletes to represent the University and department with an emphasis on good character, with expected successful record of competitive achievement in win percentage and the professional standards expected by the department
- Responsible for teaching advance level skills and game strategies
- Responsible for planning, preparation, & scheduling of Competitions , including travel.
- Responsible for the day to day administration of the program and will work closely with the sport supervisor to advance the program.
- Lead, direct and offer strategic insight into long-term viability and success of the program.
- Will work with the strength and conditioning staff to develop and condition student-athletes.
- Work collaboratively with training staff, academic resource personnel and compliance staff.
- Proven record of recruiting highly competitive and academically prepared student-athletes.
Proven record of success measured in competition play.
- Knowledge and specialization in Women's Golf intercollegiate coaching required.
- Proven ability to work to direct, manage and prepare an intercollegiate athletics team.
- Must have strong team-building and management skills.
Ability to work collaboratively with various university constituents.
- Must have ability to work across academic and administrative departments in a cooperative manner.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
Wayne State University is a premier, public, urban research university located in the heart of Detroit where students from all backgrounds are offered a rich, high quality education. Our deep rooted commitment to excellence, collaboration, integrity, diversity and inclusion creates exceptional educational opportunities preparing students for success in a diverse, global society. WSU encourages applications from women, people of color, and other underrepresented people. Wayne State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.