The Athletic Coach is responsible for providing appropriate and coaching expertise guidance to student athletes related to a particular sport for the duration of the sports season. As part of the Athletic Program, at the assigned school, the Athletic Coach is responsible for teaching and modeling good sportsmanship behaviors, appropriate techniques and skills related to the particular sport, ensuring safe practices are implemented to protect the students from physical injuries, and for serving as good role models for the students, the school and the school system.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Additional course work and/or training in Physical Education or particular sport.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the implementation and enforcement by the entire staff of the sports program Athletic Policies.
- Implement, interpret and enforce consistently existing school system, state and conference regulations.
- Refer all requests of grievances through proper channels.
- Attend all public/staff/departmental meetings for which attendance is required.
- Establish the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques for particular sport to be taught by staff.
- Design conferences, training clinics and staff meetings to ensure staff awareness of overall program.
- Encourage professional growth by encouraging clinic attendance according to local clinic policy.
- Delegate specific duties, supervise implementation, and at season’s end, analyze staff effectiveness and evaluate all assistants.
- Maintain discipline, address grievances, and work to increase morale and cooperation.
- Assist the Athletic Director with scheduling, providing transportation, and requirements for tournament and special sport events.