The High School Head Softball Coach is responsible for the overall administration of the high school softball program. The Head Coach is responsible for all aspects, including discipling and mentoring student-athletes, parent relations, scheduling, travel, and budget. The head coach is expected to lead a program that reflects the highest standards of conduct and CAK’s athletic mission and core values.
- A coach for Christian Academy of Knoxville (CAK) must be a spiritually sensitive individual who understands the mission and philosophy of the school.
- The coach must be a born-again Christian with spiritual maturity and leadership abilities that will enable him/her to lead in God’s truth.
- The ability to communicate well with various types of people, handle information appropriately, maintain a courteous, professional, and respectful attitude and integrity in all situations are prerequisites.
- Provide appropriate training, discipline, and coaching that leads to a highly competitive program; evaluate individual student athletes and develop a coaching plan that takes student-athletes to their full potential.
- Work closely with high school, and middle school coaches to build program and develop coaching plans.
- Develop individual and team skills through well planned training and positive reinforcement.
- Communicate proactively with student-athletes and parents/guardians as appropriate regarding expectations, camps, practices, and game schedules.
- Supervise student-athletes before and after practices / games.
- Supervise all areas of participation including but not limited to gyms, fields, arenas, theater, locker or dressing rooms, buses, etc.
- Issue equipment and uniforms to student athletes, ensuring all equipment is maintained properly and uniforms are returned.
- Attend all games (both home and away) continuing through the conclusion of any post-season tournament(s).
- Set up facilities in preparation for practice, games, and events.