Wayne State University, an NCAA Division II member, located in the cultural district of Detroit, invites applications for the position of Assistant Athletic Coach I Men's Football.
- Demonstrate an ability to teach and develop student-athletes to represent the University and department with an emphasis on good character, a winning attitude and the professional standards expected by the department.
- Responsible for teaching advance level skills and game strategies.
- Assist in the planning, preparation, & scheduling of games with direction of head coach, including travel.
- Will work with the strength and conditioning staff to develop and condition student-athletes.
- Work collaboratively with training staff, academic resource personnel and compliance staff.
- Proven ability to recruit high caliber student-athletes with an emphasis on the urban setting and the University's strong academic standards reflected in its Carnegie I profile.
- Demonstrate good judgment in advising and counseling student athletes including working with the department's academic services unit to graduate student-athletes.
- Adheres to the NCAA and Conference legislative/interpretative requirements and understands which reflects strong ethical conduct and control.
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred.
- Under the NCAA Bylaw 11.1.6 Sports-Safety Training, each head coach and all other coaches who are employed full-time at an institution shall maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use.
Wayne State University provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. The university encourages applications from women, people of color and other underrepresented people. Wayne State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.