The JH Athletic Coach is responsible for organizing and executing the Junior High sports program at United Christian Academy. He/she is responsible for coaching student athletes in competitive playing techniques to prepare them for events and competitions. He/she is to motivate student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
Qualifications & Training:
- Must be a born-again Christian.
- Must be a credible Christian role model whose godly lifestyle and character demonstrate obedience to God and the Holy Bible.
- Must be able to support and comply with the school’s Statement of Faith and Christian Conduct.
- Must be a member of an evangelical, Bible-believing church.
- Must have sufficient health and physical endurance to be able to complete the assigned responsibilities.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Must have good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work well independently, manage time well, and handle multiple tasks.
- Reinforces a Christ-centered, competitive culture of athletics to coaches, faculty/staff, student -athletes, parents, and those outside of our school.
- Prepares and executes practice sessions for Junior High sports team.
- Assess student-athlete’s skills and assigns team positions; chooses team members.
- Provides appropriate, constructive feedback to student-athlete’s.
- Evaluates and maintains cleanliness and safety of practice and game facilities.
- Effectively communicates schedules and schedule changes to student-athletes, families, coaches, and administrators.
- Will work with, and directly under the supervision of the Varsity Coach to maintain program growth, consistency, and community.