- Manage and submit all required paperwork for participation.
- Recruit and retain student-athletes to participate.
- Conduct regularly scheduled practices.
- Schedule all non-conference competition.
- Maintain equipment and inventory on an annual basis.
- Attend all pre-season and post-season meetings scheduled by the Athletics Department.
- Meet all required BPS Athletics deadlines for scheduling and participation paperwork.
- Transportation schedule (practices and competitions).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the sport and leading/organizing a team.
- Certified in CPR, First Aid and AED.
- Completion of annual Youth Sports Concussion Training Certification.
- Successful completion of the MIAA Coaches Education Course.
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals’ dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.