St. Paul Academy and Summit School seek candidates for the position of girls’ varsity assistant basketball coach. This coach will work closely with the head of the basketball program. Season begins November 2022 and continues through March 2023.
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate strong organizational skills, effective communication skills with students, other coaches, and parents, teach and develop essential basketball skills, display positive game conduct and be able to develop individual players’ abilities in addition to encouraging dedication to teamwork.
- Candidates should support the mission of SPA and be able to contribute to the life of the School outside of the classroom.
- Creating a positive environment that promotes good sportsmanship towards players, officials, spectators, and teammates.
- Assist with instruction of players in rules, regulations, and techniques of basketball.
- Organize and directs individual and small group practice activities.
- Assess players’ skills, monitor players during competition and practice.
- Assist with determining game strategy.
- Individual player development.
- Assist with transportation.
- Tracking statistics.
- Creation of scouting reports.
- Follows established protocol in the event of an injury.