To organize, coordinate and promote a comprehensive athletic program in the assigned sport that is designed to meet the needs and interests of the school community. To provide effective leadership that will ensure a positive learning environment and will stress the importance of academic achievement. To demonstrate a high degree of ethics, professionalism, human relations and be a positive role model for all students.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and implementing the teaching of fundamentals, strategies, rules and proper conditioning in the assigned sport.
- Issue, collect, inventory and return equipment, uniforms and other materials (e.g., team roster, first aid kit, coach’s handbook) consistent with department guidelines.
- Responsible for adequate supervision of all students involved in the program and ensuring the safety of participants by inspecting facilities and equipment and being aware of environmental conditions.
- Responsible for supervision of student athletes in locker rooms and on buses.
- Instruct participants in safety procedures and in the need to report injuries to the coach and/or trainer immediately; implement appropriate procedures for handling injury situations; ensure the availability of a properly supplied first aid kit.
- Responsible for submitting coach’s game report within 24 hours of each game.
- Expertise and training in appropriate areas of athletics (rules of sport, techniques of coaching), organization and administration.
- Thorough working knowledge of MIAA Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students, officials and the community.
- Commitment to provide equal opportunity in sports for all students.