The UNCW Department of Athletics sponsors 19 varsity sports and competes in the NCAA Division I as a member of the Colonial Athletic Association. UNCW Athletics mission is to enrich the University through a commitment to developing leadership qualities among its student-athletes by providing opportunities which support and promote academic excellence, community engagement and competitive success.
- Work daily with student-athletes, coaches, and staff to provide interpretations of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Work with initial and returning eligibility of incoming student-athletes.
- Create and facilitate compliance educational sessions.
- Research, interpret and provide accurate dissemination of NCAA, CAA and institutional rules and regulations.
- Assist in NCAA reporting and monitoring of academic compliance related activities.
- Monitor work of interns, student workers, and volunteers as needed.
- Adhere to NCAA, CAA, institutional, state and federal regulations of protected and confidential information.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Familiar with NCAA and CAA Compliance Assistance software programs
- Knowledge of NCAA, CAA, and university rules and regulations with a passing score on the NCAA Recruiting test.
- Familiar with ARMS software.