Under general supervision assists in ensuring that the district’s vision, mission and goals are achieved by maintaining, organizing and administering the overall program of interscholastic athletics, including intramural activities. To produce teams that will be competitive in their classification and conference; to primarily be responsible for the welfare and safety of all students who are participating in athletics; to plan, organize, coordinate and supervise programs in interscholastic athletics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in selecting, assigning and evaluating all coaching personnel.
- Assumes leadership role in the orientation and in service training of coaching personnel.
- Represents the School District in matters of interscholastic athletics.
- Is responsible for the organization and scheduling of athletic events.
- Contracts officials for all home contests.
- Arranges transportation for away contests.
- Develops and continues to evaluate appropriate rules and regulations governing the conduct of athletic activities.
- Fosters good school-parent relations by maintaining communications relative to rules and regulations on athletics.
- Establishes and enforces the physical, academic and training requirements of eligibility for
- Assists the principal in selection and evaluation of the coaching staff.
- Coordinates the athletic program, assists and advises the coaches and participants of the various sports. He/she must be certain that all coaches fully understand the school’s philosophy, objectives and policies.
- Valid Teaching Certificate.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before administrators, staff, parents and students.