Provide overall leadership, supervision and coordination of all sports programs to provide students worthwhile learning experiences.
1. Administer all DIAA and school district athletic policies and procedures.
2. Attend all DIAA and other meetings pertaining to athletics.
3. Schedule CPR classes for coaches and physical examinations for the athletes in accordance with the state requirements.
4. Review and distribute the athletic handbook annually.
5. Check the DIAA medical form for all participants and determine scholastic eligibility of all athletes on a marking period basis.
6. Prepare and maintain eligibility listings of all athletes and cheerleaders in the athletic program.
7. Attend and supervise all home athletic contests or provide substitute coverage when attendance is not possible.
8. Schedule games, officials and transportation, issue contracts and submit information for payment of tournament entry fees.
9. Cancel or postpone contests, officials and transportation because of weather or other hazardous conditions.
10. Prepare an annual budget and inventory for the athletic program.
11. Provide for the purchase, distribution, storage and repair of all athletic equipment.
12. Develop and coordinate a practice schedule for the use of the facilities.
13. Form interview committees, schedule and participate in interviews of candidates for coaching positions. Make recommendations to the principal.
14. Promote sportsmanship and publicity for all interscholastic sports teams.
15. Maintain records of contests, events and letter winners.
16. Supervise the awarding of certificates, letters, trophies and other commendations to athletes, coaches and school officials.
17. Attend the athletic booster club meetings and serve as a liaison between the coaches, administration and the booster club.
18. Work with the school trainer to establish procedures for the management and safe operation of the training room.
19. Evaluate and seek ways to improve the athletic program.