Responsible for all matters pertaining to the organization and efficient administration of the high school athletic program that promotes all athletes of both genders, under the purview of the school principal, and enforces all rules of the FHSAA and the Conference.
- Coordinate the scheduling of all athletic events with head coaches and principal related to tryouts, practice, games, team meetings, facilities, and intramurals.
- Provide direction and support of an efficient, effective, safe athletic program ensuring that teams are always supervised including locker room supervision.
- Maintain an accurate squad roster for all teams at all times in compliance with all FHSAA bylaws and policies regarding eligibility, gender equity, and Title IX compliance.
- Establish physical examinations and verify that no candidate is issued equipment or allowed to practice until the Duval County Public Schools Athletic Health Examination Form is completed in full and signed by parent/guardian and physician.
- Develop and administer the athletic budget including inventory, equipment inspection and purchasing of all uniforms and equipment.
Certifications & Licenses:
1) Possess a current CPR and Standard First Aid Card.
2) Pass National Federation Sport specific rules test and FHSAA bylaws exam.
3) Attend one in-service session under the auspices of the County Director for Athletics.