- Hold a valid KY Teaching Certificate with experience in athletic programs.
- Knowledge of overall operations of an athletic program.
- Knowledge of state and KHSAA policies governing athletics.
- Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills.
- Organize and administer the overall program of extracurricular athletics, both intramural and interscholastic.
- Assist in the selection, assignment and evaluation of athletic coaches.
- Foster good school-community relations by keeping the community aware of and responsive to the athletic program.
- Assume responsibility for the organization and scheduling of all interscholastic athletic events.
- Secure all necessary personnel to conduct scheduled athletic events.
- Develop and place into operation appropriate rules and regulations governing the conduct of athletic activities.
- Verify the physical and academic requirements of eligibility for participants in each sport, and verify each athlete’s eligibility.