Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for personnel process – selection of coaching staff. Hiring is ratified by principal and central administration. Supervises and evaluates head coaches, and ensures the mission and philosophy of the department is met.
- Promotes interscholastic activities and sportsmanship in the school/community.
- Ensures all school, EPS, and NMAA Rules and regulations are met.
- Communicates effectively in speaking, writing and listening.
- Conducts short and long-range planning in conjunction with the Athletic Committee.
- Is a good steward of district and department resources.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Sports Administration.
- NMAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates organizational, communication, management and interpersonal skills required to achieve the goals of the position.
- Knowledge of the educational process gained through directly related experience and education.
- Ability to form and maintain good working relationships with teachers and administrators throughout the district.
- Properly notifies supervisor and/or designee of absences or tardiness.
- Begins and completes work within the allotted time.
- Consistently appears in attire appropriate to the work environment.
- Demonstrates skill in the use of equipment including its capabilities, limitations and appropriate/ special application.
- Protects the District’s resources through appropriate and careful use of supplies and equipment.