- Promote sports in the schools and community.
- Plan or assist in planning the athletic program.
- Organize, supervise or Assist in organizing and supervising with practices. . Teach or assist in teaching individual fundamental skills, team play, team strategy and rules and regulations of the game.
- Teach or assist in teaching sportsmanship and self-control.
- Check or assist in checking eligibility of participants, including insurance coverage and parent consent.
- Provide students a proper role model, emotional support, patience, a friendly attitude and general guidance.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Fundamentals of various sports. Health and safety regulations. . Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Assist coaches on one or more sports. Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Work independently with little direction. Plan and organize work.