The Athletic Director is administratively responsible for intercollegiate athletic programs at BBCC. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, evaluating and supervising intercollegiate athletic programs and support services while communicating and coordinating effectively with all areas of the college and community.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide strategic vision and direction for athletics at BBCC, including the creation and publication of long-term and short-term plans and objectives.
- Recruit, select, orient, supervise and evaluate coaching staff to ensure that each program is executed in compliance with state and federal regulations, BBCC policies and procedures, the Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC), and other athletic conferences in which BBCC competes.
- Supervise scheduling of all athletic contests and practices. This includes oversight for travel arrangements, coordination of officials, providing supervision at all home athletic events, assisting visiting teams, and coordinating event safety.
- Send authorization of grant-in-aid and on campus athletic employment awards to the financial aid office.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience working as an assistant athletic director, teaching at the college level, or administrative experience at a college or university.
- Experience with fundraising, outreach, or promotional activities.
- Bilingual English/Spanish proficiency.