Plans, coordinates, and directs all youth athletic programs for the Corps and Boys and Girls Club; plans and coordinates fund-raising and recruitment events; recruits and supervises volunteer staff; maintains all program equipment; plans and coordinates a youth mentorship program; represents the Corps in the community and builds a professional and positive image of The Salvation Army.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of sporting event planning and management.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public relations and fund-raising.
- Knowledge of sport related injuries and prevention.
- Ability to serve as an athletic coach and too coordinate athletic games.
- Ability to repair and maintain sporting equipment.
- Ability to recruit, train, and supervise volunteers including volunteer team coaches.
- Ability to promote and encourage good sportsmanship.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid State Driver’s License.
- First Aid and C.P.R. Certification.
- Valid State commercial Driver licenses.
- Department of Children’s & Families 40-hr Training Certification.