ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and coordinate all activities of the Department of Athletics under the supervision of the building principal.
- Serve as advisor to the principal on athletic matters.
- Approve all athletic contests before they are contracted.
- Prepare the athletic budget and present it for adoption.
- Administer the athletic budget under the supervision of the building principal.
- Evaluate instructional and non-instructional staff and make appropriate recommendations.
- Provide assistance to teachers in planning, classroom management, student evaluation and the delivery of the instructional process.
- Assist in creating a positive school climate that is conducive to teaching and learning.
- Possess a valid Michigan secondary teaching certificate.
- Ability to meet requirements for Michigan administrative certification.
- Must hold a valid school administrator certificate or be enrolled in a program leading to certification as a school administrator not later than six months after beginning employment as required by Michigan Department of Education.
- Possess a minimum of four years of successful teaching and coaching experience at the secondary level.
- Knowledge of athletic programs and Michigan High School Athletic Association rules and regulations.