Provide leadership for the school’s entire athletic program through the ongoing development, implementation and improvement of the specific sport coached.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish a program that ensures a cooperative, supportive, and participative environment for all students, coaches, faculty and the community based on KCMSD Athletic Department guidelines;
- Provide leadership that is proactive and positive that will emphasize the physical, psychological and social benefits of interscholastic athletics;
- Create short and long range goals for the school’s athletic program that fits with the school’s academic program, culture, and KCMSD goals;
- Ensure compliance of the program with MSHSAA standards.
- Must be employed as a teacher or administrator in the school in which the candidate applies;
- Must hold a valid teacher’s certificate and be contracted by the KCMSD BOE for the school year as a full or part-time teacher;
- Must have at least 3 years of athletic administrative experience.