The Athletic Director (AD) is responsible for coordinating and managing school athletic programs for both El Primero high school and El Camino middle school. This includes all of the planning and organizing around athletics, as well as managing the coaches.
- Work closely with teachers and/or site admin to align student academic expectations and behaviors with participation in sports.
- Develop programs that deepen student buy-in to behavior expectations as outlined in the student handbook.
- Build and maintain relationships with community organizations.
- Incorporate the school's values of Ganas (Desire), Orgullo (Pride), and Comunidad (Community) and growth mindset in all athletic programming.
- Build student, coach, parent, and teacher understanding around the role that athletics play in supporting student four-year college eligibility.
- Other duties assigned by site administration.
- Experience working in a educational setting with a particular focus on student culture and athletics programming.
- Experience working with first generation students of color preferred.
- Must be able to read and understand a budget and know how to allocate resources.
- Ability to coordinate and execute school-wide events and activities; ability to execute athletics programming that engages students and builds a spirit of sportsmanship.
- Ability to use data to make informed decisions.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Fluent in written and spoken Spanish preferred.