The Director of Athletics is responsible for all athletic programs, business affairs, marketing and promotions, public relations, development, external relations, internal affairs, personnel, and funds of the athletic program in accordance with University policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership that adheres to the highest standards of integrity, ethics, and compliance in all athletic, academic, and business matters.
- Implement policies that provide supervision and guidance in all areas related to the intercollegiate
- athletic program.
- Continue to enhance a premier organization that executes the business of Division I athletics while also being a committed partner with the academic community.
- Implement plans, policies, procedures, and programs that follow the University,
- Conference, NCAA rules and regulations, applicable state and federal laws, and which promote the mission of the Department, as well as the University's high standard of academic excellence and the general welfare of student-athletes.
- Conducting the athletic programs in accordance with legislation of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, the Southwestern Athletic Conference, and Association of Intercollegiate Athletics for women.
- Master's degree required.
- At least five (5) years of intercollegiate athletic experience on college level or administrative experience.
- Eight (8) years or more of marketing and fundraiser experience.
- Working knowledge of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) rules and regulations.
- Must have a proven record of accomplishment in intercollegiate athletic administration, higher education administration, or in business or non-profit management.