- Serve as the Athletic Director and be responsible for the Intercollegiate Athletic program as well as develop program goals and evaluate staff performance on a yearly basis.
- Responsible for the development and administration of appropriate budgets.
- Responsible for maintaining satisfactory standard of student athlete conduct and discipline.
- Provide facility coverage and supervision.
- Responsible for the scheduling of games and for the arrangement of travel.
- Work in cooperation with Carl Sandburg College Marketing and Public Relations Department to provide sports information to media.
- Serve as liaison to district Athletic Directors and Coaches to promote Carl Sandburg College and available athletic programs; concentration to be on the recruitment of in-district athletes.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in sports and/or physical education. Master’s degree in related area preferred. Supervisory experience required.
- Head coaching experience at the collegiate level and administrative experience required. Athletic Director experience at the collegiate level preferred.
- Organizational and communication skills.
- The ability to communicate successfully with clients of all ages, socio-economic status, sex, or race.
- Valid driver's license.
- CPR certification and first aid or willing to obtain certification prior to employment.
- Spanish or French proficiency preferred.