- Develop and direct the school’s athletics program, ensuring integration with the school’s mission and vision.
- In concert with the Dean of Fine Arts and Physical Education, develop and support the school’s K-12 classical physical education program.
- Build, maintain, and uphold a school athletics handbook.
- In collaboration with the headmaster, develop and manage the athletic department budget, to include revenue from fees and events, and expenses for items such as stipends, team travel, equipment purchases, officials, and facility upkeep.
- Maintain and care for athletic department inventory including equipment, uniforms, supplies, etc.
- All aspects of coordination and collaboration with coaches, conferences, leagues, officials and umpires.
- Generate enthusiasm about the school’s athletic programming among students, staff, parents, and the community.
- Mediate disputes between athletes, parents, and coaches.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in physical education or other relevant field.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- After offer is accepted, satisfactory background check as required by state law and Colorado Department of Education.
- Conviction in the values of a rigorous liberal arts education.
- Loyalty to the school and ACA’s mission and vision.
- Commitment to model moral character in line with the school’s core virtues and the pursuit of the Good, True, and Beautiful.
- Adherence to all ACA policies, including but not limited to the Employee Handbook, Family Handbook, and all applicable school and board policies.