Maureen Joy Charter School’s Athletic Director will provide leadership, collaboration, and coordination for all MJCS sports. This position shall promote a culture of outstanding sportsmanship, integrity, and professionalism among all athletic staff and athletes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report all significant athletic occurrences to the SDOHR.
- Conduct coaches meeting at the beginning and end of the seasons. The Athletic Director will establish the agendas for these meetings.
- Conduct end-of-season banquets for all sports.
- Update the system-wide athletic handbooks in collaboration with the Principal and Human Resources.
- Take the lead in developing a long-term athletic facility needs assessment for the school.
- Make any recommendations of policy changes that need to be made on a yearly basis.
- Conduct the scheduling of officials for all athletic events.
- Coordinate practice spaces for all MJCS sports.
- Regularly attend athletic events.
- Advocate for athletics in the MJCS community.
- Other duties as assigned by the SDOHR.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITES:
- Coaching experience.
- Ability to express facts and ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent skills in planning, organization, and leadership.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to use computer hardware and software to accomplish instructional and administrative functions.
- Knowledge of all district security measures pertaining to athletics.
- Knowledge about student confidentiality rights.
- Effectively welcome and embrace differences among employees and citizens.