This position is classified as a 12-month full-time at-will employment appointment with administrative responsibilities. The Director of Athletics is responsible to the President of the University for the managerial functions of planning, organizing, directing, staffing and controlling the activities of the East Central University department of athletics.
- Plan, direct and coordinate scheduling of intercollegiate athletic programs, in compliance with University, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and any conference policies and regulations.
- Provide managerial direction and leadership for department publications for all intercollegiate sports in cooperation with the Marketing and Communication division of the University.
- Handles and oversees all marketing and promotional efforts for the department.
- Solicits corporate support throughout the community for the department and maintains those relationships throughout the year.
- Serves as the main contact for SAAC (Student Athletic Advisory Committee) and the Athletic Advisory Committee and when needed on other various University committees.
- Represent the University, and especially the department of athletics, in professional, civic, charitable and alumni events.
- Provide supervision, leadership, and assistance in athletic fund-raising with the full cooperation of the University Advancement and the Foundation Office.
- This position requires possession of a Master's degree in a related field.
- The ideal candidate will have athletic administrator experience at the NCAA Division I or II level for at least five years.
East Central University, in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures.