Grays Harbor College is now accepting applications for an Athletic Director. The Athletic Director provides leadership, supervision, development, direction and management of all aspects of the Grays Harbor College (GHC) Athletic Department. The Athletics Director has the ultimate responsibility for developing and implementing a comprehensive, enriching experience for student athletes that includes academic achievement, competitive athletics, and opportunities to pursue interests and passions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and administrative oversight for all aspects of the athletics department ensuring consistency with current, changing and future needs of student athletes, collegiate athletics, and the institution.
- Promote a positive working environment within the athletic department and create a sense of belonging amongst the athletic department and related staff.
- Provide culturally responsive leadership in promoting equitable access and successful educational outcomes for historically minoritized and under-served students
- Oversees athletics department efforts associated with recruitment, compliance, registration/eligibility, outcomes assessment, accreditation, fundraising, goal setting and continuous improvement
- Establish the overall standards of performance of personnel, policies and procedures, budgetary controls, contracts, directions of programs and services under this position’s supervision; monitor and evaluate effectiveness.
- Develop and implement engagement and retention programs that enhance student success and promote successful educational outcomes of student-athletes.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3 years of experience working in athletic administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with budget management.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated fundraising experience.