Plans, coordinates, and directs all youth athletic programs for the Corps and Boys and Girls Club; plans and coordinates fund-raising and recruitment events; recruits and supervises volunteer staff; maintains all program equipment; plans and coordinates a youth mentorship program; represents the Corps in the community and builds a professional and positive image of The Salvation Army.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of sporting event planning and management.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public relations and fund-raising.
- Knowledge of sport related injuries and prevention.
- Ability to serve as an athletic coach and too coordinate athletic games.
- Ability to repair and maintain sporting equipment.
- Ability to recruit, train, and supervise volunteers including volunteer team coaches.
- Ability to promote and encourage good sportsmanship.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid State Driver’s License.
- First Aid and C.P.R. Certification.
- Valid State commercial Driver licenses.
- Department of Children’s & Families 40-hr Training Certification.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.