Examples of Duties:
- Organizes and administers programs of intercollegiate athletic competition for students by ensuring program compliance with all applicable regulations and laws; prepares all documents related to the colleges participation in sports programs at the national, state and local levels.
- Implements and disseminates pertinent information on California Community College Athletic Association rules and regulations, including compliance with Title V, and Title IX regulations.
- Oversees the procedures and documentation for ensuring academic eligibility for all athletes in accordance with rules; supervises and sanctions the medical and insurance clearance for each student athlete.
- Maintains records and files related to individual and team participation.
- Oversees and approves all sports schedules.
- Possession of a Master's degree from an accredited college in physical education or a Bachelor's degree in physical education and a Master's degree in any life science, dance physiology, health education, recreation administration, kinesiology, or physical therapy.
- Three (3) years of experience as a head coach of an intercollegiate athletic team.
- Two (2) years of management experience in an educational setting or two (2) years experience as an Athletic Director.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California Drivers License.