The athletic director is responsible for the oversight of all athletic activities for the school. This position, while reporting to the MS/HS Principal, is responsible for collaborating with the Leadership Team regarding student academics, logistics and discipline, where relevant, to ensure all values and standards regarding academic achievement, discipline and facility usage and logistics are adhered to.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinating with coaches about the scheduling of games and practices.
- Determining the time allocated for a field, court, or weight room.
- Coordinating officials at games and budgeting for their pay.
- Mediating any disputes between athletes and coaches or between coaches.
- Coordinating and promoting athletic events, such as games and fundraisers.
- Assessing and monitoring current and prospective coaches.
- Tracking and reporting on team progress through analyzing past performances, recent successes, and areas for improvement. Filing reports on the status of each team and its successes and shortcomings .
- Maintaining an awareness of industry events and changes, such as regulation changes.
- A Bachelor's or master's degree in sports management, physical education, or related field.
- Experience in coaching, teaching, or administration.
- Understanding fundraising and promotional events.
- Experience with developing and managing a budget.
- Ability to handle scrutiny from parents and the public.