University Laboratory High School is now accepting applications for an Athletic Director. Serving as an Executive Teacher for the Physical Education department, the Athletic Director provides guidance and direction for the school's sports program.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop season schedules for each athletic team (communication, contracts, confirmation).
- Arrange transportation for each team for all away contests, including lodging if necessary.
- Contact and hire necessary officials for every home contest.
- Complete appropriate paperwork and oversee payment procedure.
- Advertise coaching vacancies, interview candidates, hire personnel.
- Ensure proper certification of coaches, completion of official paperwork, transportation training, AED/BBP training, facilitate payment process.
- Educate/advise coaches regarding current athletic, school, conference & IHSA/IESA policies.
- Supervise and evaluate all coaching staff.
- Work with office staff to prepare athletic registration materials.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in education.
- Minimum of one year of teaching experience at the middle school or high school level.
- Coaching experience.