Colby Community College is accepting applications for a Director of Athletics. The Director oversees coaches and student-athletes, as well as day-to-day functions within the athletic programs. This individual serves as a fundraiser, organizer, and public liaison for the Colby Community College athletic programs. The Athletics Director directly reports to the President of Colby Community College.
- Supervises and evaluates all coaches and athletic trainers on an annual basis;
- Maintain compliance with the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and
- Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference (KJCCC);
- Address and resolve athletic-related concerns and issues;
- Assume responsibility for the initial and continual eligibility of all student-athletes; this responsibility includes the filing and maintenance of all required paperwork with the NJCAA and the KJCCC;
- Provide communication from administration to the respective athletic programs;
- Coordinate fundraising activities associated with all athletic programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in higher education athletics is required.
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Experience as an athletic director in higher education is preferred.