The P.K. Yonge Athletic Director (AD) is responsible for providing leadership and coordination for the 6th-12th grade comprehensive interscholastic athletic program offered by the school. In addition, the AD is expected to collaborate with all stakeholders in the development of a worthwhile learning experience for student-athletes through a program that leads to the formulation of positive values, teamwork skills, a sense of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline, and self-confidence. T
- Identify and hire all athletic head coaches and the Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC).
- Assist head coaches in establishing consistent disciplinary programs and problem solving strategies for all athletic programs.
- Maintain and approve athletic schedules, contracts, and sanctioning for all interscholastic athletic events in which the school participates according to the published rules and policies of each respective sport.
- In accordance with state and federal guidelines, maintain a permanent file of medical examinations, injury reports, parent consent and releases, birth certificate, and other items as required by governing bodies.
- Maintain permanent records for each sport, including but not limited to wins/losses, letter winners, scholarship recipients, and outstanding performances.
- Determine eligibility of candidates for all athletic teams as it pertains to rules and guidelines established through the school, FHSAA, NFHS, or other pertinent governing body.
- Supervise the coaching endorsement/certification program at the school level.
- A Master’s degree. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree will be considered, but will be required to obtain a Master's degree within three years of hire.
- A degree in physical education and/or athletics (graduate degree preferred).
- Florida teaching or athletic certification.
- FDLE Level 2 Background check.