The purpose of this position is to provide leadership, collaboration, and coordination for and with all school athletic directors. This position shall promote a culture of outstanding sportsmanship, integrity, and professionalism among all athletic staff and athletes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and oversees the scheduling of all athletic activities within the school system; reviews the overall athletic program for safety of participants and observers; verifies eligibility of participating students.
- Maintains consistent contact with school principals, ADs, and coaches to provide guidance, share information about successful programs, assist with activities when requested, and monitor the effectiveness of the overall programs; ensures the athletic division adheres to School Board and State Policies.
- Monitors athletic equipment and facilities, notifying the Chief Administrative Officer of identified needs.
- Report all significant athletic occurrences to the Chief Administrative Officer.
- Attend all statewide athletic meetings sponsored by NC High School Athletics Association (NCHSAA) for high school athletics and the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) for middle school athletics.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with community-based sports advocates, leagues, camps, etc. to enhance the effectiveness and support of athletic programs in RSS.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Coaching experience.
- Ability to express facts and ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent skills in planning, organization, and leadership.
- Ability to prioritize task and responsibilities.
- Ability to use computer hardware and software to accomplish instructional and administrative functions.
- Knowledge of all district security measures pertaining to athletics.
- Knowledge about student confidentiality rights.
- Effectively welcome and embrace differences among employees and citizens.