Reporting to the President of the University, the Athletic Director is responsible for developing and implementing a strategic vision for the athletics program, and providing leadership to a staff of coaches, trainers, marketing and sports information professionals, administrative assistants, and student athletes.
- Administer all aspects of Clayton State University Athletics programs and events.
- Actively participate on NCAA, Peach Belt Conference or University Committees relating to athletics.
- Serve as a member of the President's Extended Cabinet.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President of Clayton State University.
- Adhere to the University's primary mission of educating its students and strategic plan with an emphasis on student academic success and degree completion. In addition, the Athletic Director is responsible for leading a program that is congruent with the vision, values and ethics of the University.
- Ensure the recruitment of academically qualified students and the development and utilization of comprehensive services to support the academic progress of athletes with an emphasis on student success and keeping life in the balance.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Considerable successful and relevant experience managing a collegiate athletics program particularly at NCAA Division I, II or III.
- A leader with experience in motivating people and managing a complex department.
- A strategic thinker who is forward thinking and creative.
- Proven ability to identify, cultivate and solicit support for athletics while working collaboratively with University Development.