To manage and coordinate the school district athletic activities and sports programs to promote athletics and physical fitness as positive extra-curricular activities, and to ensure that all students have an equal opportunity to participate and share in the benefits of the district's athletic programs.
- Supervises the High School's athletic programs in coordination with the Principal, Superintendent and others, including recommending policies and procedures relating to the athletic programs.
- Analyzes and evaluates existing athletic programs and equipment for the purpose of ensuring that they serve the best interest of the district and the students who participate, meet applicable laws and regulations, and ensure safety of participants.
- Assists in the recruitment, selection, supervision and evaluation of all coaches.
- Serves as a consultant to administration, teaching staff, coaches and students on matters pertaining to the athletic programs.
- Analyzes student participation and develops procedures to ensure that the maximum number of students have the opportunity to participate in athletic activities and that the programs do not discriminate against female or minority students.
- Supervises the district's athletic facilities, oversees the scheduling and coordinating of practices and athletic events, and disseminates information as needed regarding the times and places athletic events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of athletics, athletic programs, and physical fitness.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding school district athletic programs, safety and health, and other areas under responsibility.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to evaluate, develop and implement athletic programs, activities and events, and make effective recommendations related to those areas.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.