The Athletic Director is responsible for working with coaches, students, families, staff, and other community stakeholders to drive the vision of athletics within the school. The Athletic Director works from the belief that athletics can be a place of inclusion, competition, character development, and community building.
- Develop, plan and coordinate all athletic programming for KIPP Colorado’s athletics program
- Hire, manage, and provide training to coaches for all programs in order to ensure compliance with state, conference, and school-level regulations and policies
- Generate and coordinate all game schedules
- Arrange for emergency personnel and procedures for all home athletic events and secure appropriate staffing at all games (timekeepers, game officials, scorekeepers, etc.)
- Communicate with families and promote athletics programming to students, staff and the community before, during and after athletic seasons
- Collaborate with other campus administrators to identify program areas to support students
- Coordinate and supervise all special events related to the athletics program (ban, awards night, etc.)
- Manage related budget, purchases, payments, and deposits in coordination with the Assistant Principal of Operations (APO) and Principal of each school
- Plan and coordinate all transportation, ticket sales, vendor payments, and scheduling to ensure proper game coverage.
- Bachelor's degree (required).
- Spanish bilingual (preferred).
- At least three to five years of relevant and aligned experience in the area of school athletics management (required).
- At least 4 years of K-12 teaching experience and a strong record of helping underserved students achieve academic success (required).
- Past experience leading adults in a school environment (preferred).
- A full understanding and Commitment to an Exceptional Student Experience (more about that HERE) (required).
- Outstanding organizational skills and high attention to detail; outstanding written and oral communication skills.