Direct and manage district's athletic program and facilities and instruct and coach students to develop skills and abilities to excel in athletics. Provide each student with the opportunity to participate in an extracurricular athletic activity and ensure compliance with all federal, state, University Interscholastic League (UIL), and local requirements.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate.
- Current first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automated external defibrillator (AED) certificate.
- Clear and valid Texas commercial driver's license with Passenger (P) and School Bus (S) endorsements (optional).
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establish performance criteria for competition and manage athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, and good sportsmanship. Model performance criteria and perform physical movements required for successful student performance of sport.
- Maintain an active program that promotes good sportsmanship and student development including the time, resources, and materials to support accomplishment of department goals.
- Establish and maintain physical and academic eligibility requirements for participation in each sport, and verify each athlete's eligibility.
- Use a variety of instructional and coaching techniques to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes in the sport of football.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.