The purpose of this position is to assist the Board of Education in the fair and just discharge of its obligations to students and staff through performance of the Athletic Director's role over-and-beyond the duties of a classroom teacher.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing game schedules for webpage publications as well as distribution to schools and booking agents.
- Responsible for the coordination of all weekly practice schedules.
- Responsible for contracting all game officials.
- Interpret Board Policy to the extent necessary to provide guidance for the school and coaches under his jurisdiction.
- Resolve conflicts that may develop within the Athletic Department.
- Discover ways for appropriately supporting and financing the athletic program.
- Submit a year-end financial report to the Principal annually.
- Arrange for transportation, lodging, and meals for all interscholastic events, when required.
- Receive and evaluate equipment quotations and approve appropriate orders from authorized coaches.
- Attend all home athletic contests and/or arrange for proper supervision of home athletic contests by administrative personnel.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate clearly orally as well as in written and electronic formats.
- Ability to use a computer or other electronic devices for the purpose of communication,
- providing memos or reports, data entry/recording, location of information, and creating
- graphs or other illustrations of data.
- Ability to read and follow directions from maps and GPS.
- Skill in organizing and maintaining important documents and files to allow for efficient