- NC Teaching License required;
- Bachelors Degree required;
- Knowledge of relevant district, local, and state laws;
- Previous coaching experience;
- Ability to effectively assess and address needs of the school athletic program;
- Must possess administrative, organizational and financial skills in addition to a thorough knowledge of athletic policy and procedure.
- Meets each and every required submission deadline required by the Association with a little time to spare.
- In conjunction with coaches, verifies athletic eligibility for each player on each varsity and junior varsity team.
- Requests sanctions for contests as needed.
- Follows up with issues requiring interpretation and disseminates information in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates transportation for athletic teams.
- Contracts officials for appropriate athletic contests.
- Recruits and assigns personnel to work as ticket sellers, ticket takers, crowd supervisors, scorers, timers, announcers and for other game management duties as needed.