The St. Maria Goretti Catholic High School Athletic Director is a 12-month, full-time position and is well-suited for one who has experience in athletics and educational leadership. In addition, the candidate must be able to relate well on a professional level with faculty, staff, parents and students and can integrate athletics with other aspects of school life.
- Provide strategic direction and oversee tactical management of all athletic programs and activities
- Manage the scheduling of all athletic activities
- Provide purposeful leadership, hiring, scheduled evaluation and professional development for athletic staff and coaches
- Be the face and voice of the athletic program at St. Maria Goretti Catholic High School internally and externally, as well as be the main point of contact
- Establish and oversee the standards of conduct, scholarship and sportsmanship throughout all athletic endeavors and among all constituents and participants
- Mentor coaches in their professional practice
- Set clear, mission-based athletics philosophy and progression from 9th through 12th grades
- Oversee management of athletic department resources, budgets, facilities and needs
- Teach one class per semester as needed.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree; Master's degree preferred; Degree areas preferred: Sports Management, Athletic Administration, or Educational Administration/Leadership.
- Experience in an educational environment, preferably with a background in a Catholic, college-preparatory school.
- Prior coaching experience, preferably at the high school level.