- Act as a liaison between the school and the Athletic Association, coaches, PIAA, other regional diocesan and parish entities, and media on athletic affairs.
- Work with other school administrators to assure student athletes are academically eligible for a given sport at Varsity/JV level.
- Prepare an annual master budget and allocate spending on items like coach’s salaries, team travel, equipment purchases, and facility upkeep.
- Maintain and supervise inventories for all equipment and supplies.
- Secure and file the paperwork for equipment lease requests involving the athletic department.
- Work with coaches to determine scheduling of games and practices to include Coordinate gym, building and athletic field use allocation time for a field, court, or weight room.
- Work with conferences and leagues on scheduling and other issues, like post-season play.
- Prepare a master sports calendar that includes conference and non-conference games/events and prepare any needed contracts.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A bachelor’s degree in education, physical education, or related field required.
- May have a master’s degree in education administration or perhaps sports management.
- Administrative and/or coaching experience desired.
- Position requires a working knowledgeable of PIAA and District, Diocesan and school rules and regulations; planning and organizing skills, knowledge of legal liability, public relations, oral and written communication skills, skills in staffing and hiring and ability to work cooperatively with others.