As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University’s Ancilla College seeks a Director of Athletics. Working closely with the Chancellor, the Director of Athletics promotes Marian University’s Ancilla College Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by providing administrative direction and oversight for all intercollegiate athletics staff and coaches, programs, and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with all federal, divisional, and college athletics regulations.
- Administers departmental funds and accounts in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Sustains a culture of sportsmanship, professionalism, and respect at all levels.
- Administers the code of conduct as defined by the College and Athletic Handbooks.
- Oversees budgets and serves as a resource to faculty on co-curricular issues.
- Oversees all athletic facilities used by students, athletic teams, and intramural programs.
- Provide administrative direction and oversight for all athletics programs, activities, and student development strategies.
- A bachelor’s degree in physical education, athletic training, sports management, or related field is required.
- Three years as athletic administrator or head coach.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of students, staff, and faculty as well as community members.
- Working knowledge of the student catalog-handbook
- Willingness to work on a flexible schedule as required (includes evenings, weekends and or summers).