The Athletic Director administers the colleges Intercollegiate Athletics Department, including intercollegiate and intramural sports programs; propagates the philosophy, guiding principles and strategic goals of the Athletic Department; and has strong leadership, organizational, written and oral skills.
Examples of Duties:
- Directs and administers the Intercollegiate Athletics Department as part of the comprehensive focus to foster the success of student athletes in the classroom, personal development, and competition.
- Organizes and administers programs of intercollegiate athletic competition for students by ensuring program compliance with all applicable regulations and laws; prepares all documents related to the colleges participation in sports programs at the national, state and local levels.
- Implements and disseminates pertinent information on Conference and California Commission on Athletics rules and regulations, including compliance with Title V, and Title IX regulations.
- Oversees the procedures and documentation for ensuring academic eligibility for all athletes in accordance with rules; supervises and sanctions the medical and insurance clearance for each student athlete.
- Maintains records and files related to individual and team participation.
- Oversees and approves all sports schedules.
- Participates in the selection and evaluation of coaches.
- Knowledge and experience in Student Services including working with processes and services that support new and incoming students.
- Strong ability in innovative program development (including in-person and online formats) and leading significant change initiatives.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills including the ability to supervise, motivate, and ensure accountability for staff, student employees, and team members, including direct and in-direct reports.
- Ability to develop strong collaborative working relationships across the college and with many external partners including school and community entities.
- Ability to analyze and utilize complex data in reporting on program outcomes, evaluating program effectiveness, and planning.
- Robust experience utilizing various technologies/systems to facilitate the delivery of student services.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering student equity and ability to ensure access for people from diverse multicultural, social, language, and educational backgrounds.